Clinic for Neurosurgery
Prof. Dr. med. Ulrich Sure
+49 (0) 201-723-12 30
+49 (0) 201-723-12 20
PD Dr. med. Oliver Müller
Facts and Figures
Total number of surgeries per year: 2,200
Patients with malignant and benign tumors of the cranial and spinal central nervous system: 350
Patients with diseases of the cerebral and spinal vessels: 250
Degenerative disorders of the entire spine: 500
Hydrocephalus (shunt surgery): 200
Surgical procedures of the central and peripheral nervous systems and their neighboring structures, including stereotaxic surgery and endoscopy.
Surgical treatment of malignant and benign brain tumors and of cerebral vessel disorders.
Diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the spine and the spinal cord.
Surgical area equipped with the latest in medical technology, including neuronavigational system and intraoperative fluorescence technology.
Longstanding cooperation with the Clinics for Neuroradiology, Neurology, Pediatrics, Endocrinology, Emergency Surgery, Orthopedics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and the Radiation and Tumor Clinic [Klinik für Radio-Onkologie], as well as the Ear, Nose, and Throat Clinic.
- Neuroendocrinology (disorders of the pituitary gland)
- Cerebrovascular neurosurgery (aneurysms and angiomas)
- Disorders of the pituitary gland
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Interdisciplinary outpatient clinic for spina bifida
Fields of Research
- Interdisciplinary management of complex aneurysms
- Evaluation of intraoperative fluorescence angiography
- Clinical trials on subarachnoid hemorrhaging
- Clinical and intraoperative studies of angioma treatments
- Molecular biological examination of vessel deformities
- Molecular genetic examination of brain tumors
- Interdisciplinary management of brain tumor diseases
- Intraoperative fluorescence detection of brain tumors
- Functional imaging in brain tumor surgery
Number of patients
The clinic employs 20 physicians, 8 of whom are specialists in neurosurgery and neurosurgical intensive medicine. There are 76 nurses, 27% of whom have advanced specialized training in the clinics fields.