Clinic for Pediatrics I
Prof. Dr.med. Ursula Felderhoff-Mueser
+49 (0) 201-723-2450
+49 (0) 201-723-5727
Facts and Figures
Patients with neurological developmental retardation and developmental disorders: approximately 430
Patients with epilepsy, headaches, sleep disorders: 180
Patients with primary myopathies: 100
Premature infants and newborns: 410, including 78 with a birth weight of less than 1,500 grams
Diagnosis and treatment of neuro-pediatric/neonatal diseases, pediatric emergency and intensive medicine.
Pediatric neurology: interdisciplinary outpatient care (e.g., involving physiotherapy, ergotherapy, psychology) at the Sociopediatric Center.
Neuromuscular disorders: clinical, protein-biochemical and molecular-genetic exams at a national reference center with international cooperation, non-invasive ventilators.
Neonatology: Perinatal Center Level 1, premature infants, some with a birth weight of less than 500 grams
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Epilepsy outpatient center (certified by the International League Against Epilepsy)
- Developmental disorders
- Follow-up care for premature infants
- Central deformity syndromes
- CNS infections
- Neurodegenerative/neurometabolic disorders
Fields of Research
- Conduct of and participation in national and international clinical multicenter trials of neuromuscular disorders
- Molecular genetic research projects on neuromuscular disorders
- Studies of infusion and nutrition therapy and neuroprotective therapy of very tiny premature infants
- Clinical trials of intensive medicine diagnosis and treatment of severely ill children and adolescents
Number of patients
The clinic employs 24 physicians, including 10 specialists in pediatric and adolescent medicine with advanced training in neuropediatrics, neonatology and/or pediatric intensive medicine. There are 70 nurses, 15% of whom have advanced specialized training in the clinics fields, and there are counselors, educators, and teachers.